Boycott Divestment and Sanctions is a two-edged sword, bringing relief to starving Gazans, and starvation to the occupier, discovers Eric Walberg
December 28, 2010
It was two years ago today, 27 December, that Israel launched its invasion of Gaza, carrying out 22 days of murder and mayhem, killing 1400 and leaving 5400 civilians crippled for life. Since then it has continued to besiege the 1.5 million Gazans, causing hundreds more unnecessary deaths. Its actions were deemed war crimes by the UN Goldstone Report.
Israel remains unpunished, hiding behind the skirts of its US lobbyists, who put unremitting pressure on every single congressman, senator and the president to prevent any condemnation of its crimes.
But its attempt to cow the Palestinians have failed. What Israel has succeeding in doing is to confirm beyond a doubt, for millions around the world, its inhuman, racist agenda.
The past two years have witnessed an awakening of world citizens to the plight of the brave Gazans. There have been more than a dozen convoys and flotillas, including Free Gaza boats that broke the siege five times, the Gaza Freedom March, the Gaza Freedom Flotilla — people of all faiths and nationalities risking life and limb to bring Gazans emergency help.
- Boycott: Facts and Figures
- Boycott: Companies and Types of Support
- Israeli Companies and Products
- Boycott : Celebs Supporting Israel
- Boycott: Beverages and Tobacco
- Boycott: Food and Pet Food
- Boycott: Clothing and Shoecare
- Boycott: Healthcare, Hygiene and Cosmetics
- Boycott: Electronics and Toys
- Boycott: Adhesives, Detergents and Other
Dec 30, 2010
#BDS: BDS 2010: More powerful than the sword
Posted by Farah at 8:31 AM