Sep 28, 2011

#BDS VICTORY: Natasha Atlas announces she cancels gig in #Irsael

Natasha Atlas announces she is cancelling her Israeli gig on her official facebook page: "I had an idea that performing in Israel would have been a unique opportunity to encourage and support my fans' opposition to the current government's actions and policies. I would have personally asked my Israeli fans face-to-face to fight this apartheid with peace in their hearts, but after much deliberation I now see that it would be more effective a statement to not go to Israel until this systemised apartheid is abolished once and for all. Therefore I publicly retract my well-intentioned decision to go and perform in Israel and so sincerely hope that this decision represents an effective statement against this regime."

No comments:

Post a Comment