Mar 11, 2011

#BDS: Who benefits from EU-Israel academic cooperation?

"One of the most enjoyable things that has happened since I wrote a book on Israel's relations with Europe is that I have been asked to speak at various universities. So when an invitation appeared in my email inbox to visit King's College London (KCL), I immediately accepted. Big mistake.

The request came from the International Center for the Study of Radicalization (ICSR), a partnership between King's College and the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) in Herzliya, Israel. I only became aware of the partnership one day before I was scheduled to address an ICSR seminar in January. Following a hasty consultation with some friends in the Palestine solidarity movement, I withdrew from the event, informing the organizers that I fully supported the campaign to boycott Israeli goods and institutions."

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment